Friday, March 11, 2016

Week 1



I have to say I was a bit skeptical using shakeology and following this plan. I tried this some time last year and I didn't really 100% commit. I was only making shakes with 1/2 the packet of powder and I hadn't given up on my creamer. So now that I'm all in, let's talk about the good and the not so good.

Good: I weigh 135, believe me I was shocked to see that number after only a couple days. I got on and off the scale 4 times to make sure it was right.  I feel amazing! My mind is clear, I have lots of energy after my workouts, and my sugar cravings in the evening are gone. I won't bore you with all the ingredients but if you'd like to see what is in these shakes visit this website, she breaks down each ingredient http://sweetlifefitness.net/shakeology/shakeology-ingredients/
I'm part of a Facebook group where I post a sweaty selfie daily as well as what I've eaten for the day. Trust me this group keeps me accountable. Its difficult to cheat when I know I'm going to share what I've eaten. This also keeps me motivated to workout. I enjoy the workouts that came with the program, they are very efficient and only take 30 mins. I am going to Orange Theory once a week and I use that to replace my cardio day. I also go to Core Power once a week which replaces my Pilates day. I mindfully choose my meals and don't eat randomly. I believe the added fruits and veggies in my diet are also contributing to how I feel.

Not so good: The coffee situation, the don't list includes: cream, half & half, sugar, honey, other sweeteners, non-dairy creamer, artificial sweeteners, flavored syrups, & chocolate syrup. The do list: lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, 1 tbsp low or nonfat milk, stevia. I've been trying several different ways to prepare my coffee that doesn't include my creamer and so far nothing has worked yet. I'm going though creamer withdrawal. Today I tried cold coffee with my vanilla shakeology, it was actually pretty good but not the same as my creamer. My right butt check has been sore for 3 days, ever since I did the lower fix extreme workout. I guess it means its working but I sat on our hot tub jets last night and I've been stretching like crazy to work it out. Okay, not the worst problem to have but its uncomfortable.

I haven't updated any of my measurements but I think I'll save that for day 21.  Only 2 more weeks to go, I'll keep you posted......

No comments:

Post a Comment