Sunday, March 6, 2016

Beachbody starts today




I have to start this by saying I am not unhappy with my body or my weight. This morning when I got on the scale the number was 138.1, my ultimate goal was 135 but honestly 138 is just fine. Lately I've been feeling lazy and unmotivated. I feel like each day I'm just doing the same things over and over, I don't really have a plan or goal that I'm working towards. My girlfriend started this about a month ago and I decided this was something I could do. I want to challenge myself and see if I dial everything in, my workouts and my nutrition what could happen. I signed up for Orange Theory in December but after a couple months I just wasn't getting out of it what I thought I would. I go once a week because that is what I'm willing to pay for, their rates are pricey. I was hoping I'd get new ideas for my sculpt classes I teach but I only maybe get one exercise I can use. Plus its not something I really look forward to and that is when I know its time to change. If you can't find an exercise you enjoy or feel you have accomplished something its gets harder and harder to get into. I received my package last night. Although I have been watching my diet this last week today was truly my first day. I've done a couple of the workouts already and what I loved is they are only 30 minutes and really target each muscle group. As a bonus, lots of great ideas for me to use in my classes.

Day 1 I started the day with the Yoga Extreme workout, not sure I'd call it extreme but it wasn't terrible. It's hard to do this workout when I've been practicing and teaching at core power yoga but I have to say 30 minutes was perfect. Its 3:30 pm and I'm not starving so the food so far has been good. Their are containers involved and after a simple equation to figure out my caloric intake I know how many of each I get. Today I've had a shakeology for breakfast, hard boiled egg & 1/2 banana, tuna & avocado salad, peanut butter & berries oatmeal, and tonight I'll make a broccoli slaw with ground beef. My caloric intake is roughly 1500 calories a day. This is totally doable for me and I hope by the end of the week I'll notice some changes. The commitment is only 21 days, I can do that.
Today I'm washing fruit, cleaning lettuce, boiling eggs, prepping for the week. This is something I never do so already its making a difference.
I'll keep you posted and hopefully I'll see some inches off and some weight lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment