Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What's Next



On Easter Sunday I had a great meal. After a while though, I felt like I was getting a little bit out of control, lots of candy, apple pie, ice cream and a little bit of cake. This isn't a bad thing but I felt like I was eating just to eat. I realized I do like the discipline of keeping track of what I eat. The 21 day fix plan has veggies, fruits, carbs, protein, fat, dressings, and nut butters. So Monday morning I decided to go back on the plan. I had several packs of Shakeology left and once those are done I'll use my Vega One. Although I haven't been able to exercise in a week because now I have a cold, it feels good to at least plan my meals. Of course a new incentive for me is our vacation to Maui in 3 weeks, which just happens to be 21 days. I'm fortunate that my family enjoys healthy eating and I don't have to make separate meals for each of us. We can all sit down together as a family to a healthy, delicious meal. I do have some planned splurges but during the week its easy for me to follow this plan. I think that is where I'll find the balance I need. 

I wanted to share some tools I've used during this process. If you own an apple device the 21 day fix plan app is free. My calorie target is 1200 - 1499 which gives me a certain amount of containers. If you look at the app, that is 3 green (veggies), 2 purple (fruit), 4 red (protein), 2 yellow (carbs) 1 blue (healthy fat), 1 orange (seeds & dressings), 2 teaspoons for Oils & Nut Butters. Amazon sells these containers for $24.80 or you can research on Pinterest or Google what the equivalent size is for each color. During the day I have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack #2, & dinner. I usually have the shake for breakfast or my first snack after a workout. In my shake I'll use one of my fruits and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I've only tried one Vega One shake so I can't truly say if I like it better or if it works as well as Shakeology. Its pretty easy to get online though and do some research on shakes that compare to Shakeology. You can try Beach body on demand for free for at least a week I think. If you want to try some free 30 minute workouts, the BeFit channel on Youtube is great. The BeFit workouts with Scott Herman are my favorite. Another great place to find 21 day fix meals is on Pinterest and their are lots of bloggers out there with their weekly meal plans.

Their are so many free tools online and I know sometimes it can be overwhelming. You don't have to wait till Monday to start a diet. I don't really believe in dieting, you truly need to find a way to eat healthy that works for you. Maybe that just means focusing on your calories 5 to 6 days a week and take one day off. Baby steps, cut out chips this week, and maybe soda the next. 

Truly the best part of when you buy a starter pack with Beachbody is you have a coach and a group of women who are also trying to eat healthy and exercise. And you have a group that inspires you to stick with this daily. If you are interested in trying that out, I'm happy to share my coach with you. Here is the link if you are curious http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/riw818

No comments:

Post a Comment