Saturday, March 19, 2016

Week 2



I feel fit and smaller but the scale doesn't reflect that, I'm still a solid 135. I'm not unhappy with that number however after cutting out alcohol, most of my carbs, & fat I thought that number would've changed this week. I thought I had lost an inch off of each thigh, turns out I just didn't measure them in the right place. My mind is still clear and I have so much energy. The pilot even told me he was a little jealous of my energy and wanted to steal one of my shake packets! Just like last week I'll start with the good and then the not so good.

Good: I'm consistently working out and eating healthy. Before I use to struggle with what to make for dinner and now I have a plan. Makes my life a lot easier. I always have healthy options available for me and the family. The pilot eats healthy as well so I don't have to worry about making separate meals for each of us. I believe writing down what I eat daily is probably the best way to keep me accountable. I average at least 80 to 100 oz of water a day. I have 3 flavors of the shakeology, chocolate, vanilla, & cafe latte. I've got lots of recipes and variations I can make with these 3 flavors. A couple of my favorites are vanilla berry (vanilla shake, frozen berries & almond milk), vanilla latte (vanilla shake, almond milk, coffee, & ice), chocolate with PB2, banana, almond milk & ice. Cafe latte was good with a banana, almond milk, ice, & dash of cinnamon. I usually have a shake after a workout or for breakfast.

Not so good: I miss cheese. You have to understand my full on love for cheese. When we took a trip to Seattle we went to a cheese shop that make 4000 lbs of cheese a day, I was in heaven!! I think I spent about $50 on cheese. I would choose cheese over dessert any day. My options each day are a small amount of cheese for my fat or avocado. WHAT??? And the avocado portion is only 1/4 of an avocado. Normally I would eat one whole avocado a day, every day of the week. So I have a daily battle, do I choose cheese or avocado. Next I miss carbs, I can have 2 servings a day. Just a small list I can choose from for carbs: beans, bread, cereal, brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, pasta, sweet potato, 2 corn tortillas, 1 waffle. So my dilemma is if I have oatmeal for breakfast and 1/2 a sandwich for lunch, that leaves no carbs for dinner. I'm struggling a bit to balance what I want to eat more.

Here is a sample of what I ate yesterday: Breakfast - scrambled eggs w/mushrooms, Snack - Vanilla berry shake, Lunch - Turkey wrap & baby carrots, Snack - Apple & peanut butter, Dinner - Taco Bowl.

I think I've become addicted to peanut butter since its the one indulgence I feel I get on a daily basis. I buy the honey roasted grounded peanut butter at Whole Foods, it is AMAZING!! Freshly ground and I look forward to that little piece of heaven daily. And I lost the creamer battle, I decided for about 20 calories a day I could afford one teaspoon of my sweet cream. And my pilot thanks me for that because one day I thought I was going to bite several heads off if I didn't get my creamer.

Next week is spring break and we are headed out of town. I plan on doing my workouts and staying on track with my food. I have a plan. I'm on day 14 of 21 days. I can do this!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment