Sunday, December 30, 2012

A New Year


This morning my friend and I talked about positive thinking. She has continued to tell herself she can't lose weight and she is always going to be the weight she is at now. For the New Year she wants to break that thought process. I told her I had the same thought 2 months ago, and now I'm 10 lbs lighter and I feel great. I don't count calories and I'm not hungry. We went to McCormick's for our anniversary. I had stuffed lobster, which was stuffed with shrimp, scallops, and more lobster. It was amazing. I don't eat this way every day, it was a special occasion. Many of us start the New Year out saying we will exercise and eat healthy. But by the end of January, most people stop going to the gym and go back to their regular eating habits. Why is that? I know for me it is usually the Super Bowl. I love super bowl food, potato skins, mozzarella sticks, chips & dip, and beer. You just have to figure out what works for you. If you can eat healthy all week and take Sundays off, try it. Eventually the days you go crazy and eat the "bad" stuff, you will feel it and not want to anymore. Exercising, be realistic what works with your schedule. If its really important to you, make it a priority. When you eat healthy you don't have to exercise as much. Make small goals like 3 days a week. And do something you enjoy, if you dread every time you go to the gym eventually you will stop going. For me its classes at the gym, I really enjoy them and I go for the entire hour because its a class. If I was out in the gym by myself I'd leave after 30 minutes. Another reason I believe we stop doing both is because we don't see results fast enough. I know I'm in that category as well. Take a before picture and save it. After a month take another picture and compare the 2. Its hard to see progress when we see ourselves every day. Its a New Year, anything is possible if you believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment