Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weight Loss Update


I've been sick for about a week. I haven't exercised but I have continued to eat healthy. I've decided I won't be vegan anymore. Eat to Live is basically vegan for 6 weeks and now I'm past that. I would like to continue to be vegetarian though. Although this week doesn't count cuz I've been eating lots of chicken noodle soup. I tried the "fake" chicken noodle, after one bite I threw the soup away. When I got on the scale this morning I couldn't believe the number, I was thinking the scale was lying. So I got off and got back on. I've lost a total of 11 lbs, I tried on clothes and I'm down one dress size. I guess I thought I would be more excited. I am happy but I'm losing some of the curves I loved about myself, the pilot says its all proportion.  I've been giving away some of my clothes that are too big to my friend. I told her tonight though if I gain the weight back I want my pants back! Its funny that this is what I wanted and all I can think about is when am I going to ruin it. I tend to do that though, it has to do with not having very high expectations of myself. Sometimes its a good thing sometimes it is not.  I have to admit reading the book Eat to Live truly has changed my perspective on food. And the author is smart by having people try it for 6 weeks. It is a lifestyle change. We have saved several hundred dollars by not going out to eat as much as we used to. I'm slowly finding places that we can go that have healthy alternatives that actually taste good. For example Noodles & Co has a great vegetarian med sandwich, Panera Bread has low calorie vegetarian options, and Wahoo's Fish Taco now has tofu. So for now I will put this topic to rest (until I lose another 5 lbs ;-))


No comments:

Post a Comment