Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday Folder


This is something my son made at school this week. I have no idea what it is and he doesn't either. I asked if it was a bowl and he said "yeah, its a bowl thing". Now my question is how long do I have to keep it?? The better item he made was a cute ornament for the tree that has snowmen on it. Now that is a keeper. Every Friday he comes home with a folder filled with drawings and his work from school. I have to say I hate clutter, if I could I would just throw it all away. But once in a while my heart melts over something he drew. The digital age solution for us is to scan the picture and save it on the computer. Then I don't feel as guilty about throwing it away. I have to admit I've been caught on several occasions by D-boy and yet I have not learned my lesson. He will look in the trash and say "Mommy, why is this in here?" I have started throwing things away in our trash outside so he doesn't see it. Its not that I'm not sentimental but did you read about how we get this folder EVERY Friday. That is a lot of Fridays over one school year. It all started in preschool when they would send home the things he made. We do hang some of his stuff up on the fridge. Right now I have a drawing of flowers he drew for me. See sometimes I just have to keep it and when I look over it reminds me just how lucky I am to have such a sweet boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment