Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Traditions


I've really been in the Christmas mood the last couple weeks. Lots of Christmas music and an overload of Soy Eggnog is probably helping with that. One of my favorite gifts was from my best friend, it was a Santa ornament that had a scroll inside. The scroll was to record that year looking back and looking forward to the next year. The best part is we've continued to write each year on a piece of paper what we did that year and what we look forward to in the new year. We've done it for about the last 10 years. I love that every time we put up the Christmas tree we get to read all of them. Looking forward to 2013 we are planning a family trip to Hawaii. The pilot and I went before we had D-boy and I think it would be so amazing to take our son with us. He is at that fun age that he will enjoy it and remember the adventure. Although I will try not to remember that Chuck E Cheese was the best day of his life. Since a trip to Chuck E Cheese is ALOT cheaper than a trip to Hawaii. When he had a chance to draw his favorite thing he did in the summer, it was the park down the street. Ok, lets not focus on those things. I loved when we went to Maui and I know D-boy will enjoy it as well. This last year the big event for me was quitting my job to become a stay at home mom / desperate  housewife. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Without a job I've truly had to learn who I am as a person and who I want to be. I had a couple rough months at first but now I'm thankful I can stay home to take care of my family. Enjoy the season and some of your own favorite traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment