Thursday, December 13, 2012

All I want for Christmas...


Do you remember when you were younger and you had that one gift you really, really, really wanted for Christmas? December 1st rolled around and you either wrote a letter to Santa or pestered your parents every day until December 25th. D-boy wrote a letter to Santa, he wants a Wii and an Angry Bird from space. I thought the second request was oddly specific. Of course the stuffed animal will be from Santa because their is no way I'm giving Santa credit for an expensive gift that I purchased! Anyway back to the gift I wanted when I was little. I wanted an original cabbage patch doll, one with a birth certificate that told me exactly when my kid was born. And it had to be in a box exactly like the one above. Even if it was a cabbage patch baby I would've been happy with that. Well apparently my parents decided to tell my grandparents to buy me the cabbage patch doll for Christmas. I was so excited and I just knew I would get exactly what I asked for, I'm sure I wanted one with blonde hair. When it was time to open my gift I couldn't wait, the box seemed to be just the right size. However when I opened the box it did not say Cabbage Patch kid, it was a non de script box with a doll inside. My first thought was "What the heck is this????" which of course I did not say out loud. My grandmother had made me a doll that looked like a cabbage patch doll. She had brown hair, a little dress, and no birth certificate. Looking back what I should've said was Thank you very much for making me a beautiful doll. But I didn't, I was sad.
Its funny how things change when you grow up. This year all I want is for the pilot to be home for Christmas, unfortunately he will be working. However, he will be here for Christmas Eve and we will see if D-boy's gift that he really, really, really wants makes it to our house.




No comments:

Post a Comment